17 January 2012

Alice Luker - Photographer












Another amazing creative mind, fell into my screen! 

Alice Luker is a London Fashion Photographer. Her focus is in editorial and commercial photography for publications and a privileged clientele. Alice's work has been showcased in various magazines, with some been these:






Alice was very kind to take time out of her busy schedule and answer a few questions for me:


Who is your inspiration? 

I am mainly inspired by art and history. My aim is to create imagery with a sense of meaning and depth, incorporating elements relevant to the concept. I believe that there is so much more beauty in an image which references both past and present. 

Perfection is a huge quality to your work, have you ever had a piece of work which you created not to your perfection, but had amazing feedback from it? 

If I wasn't happy with how one of my shoots turned out I would try my upmost to reshoot. I think the key to a successful shoot is to really understand your concept, plan each aspect with as much precision as possible and work alongside a talented team of creatives. I have quite a ruthless approach at times; a characteristic which can work to both my advantage and disadvantage. I strongly believe that in any creative profession you need to be brutally honest with yourself and your work in order to form a reputable position and survive in such a competitive industry. 

What has been your biggest achievement in your career to date? 

In October 2011 I won 'Public Choice' at the AOP (association of photographers) Open Awards. Being shortlisted as a finalist was an achievement in itself; although winning was fantastic. There have been occasions which have made me confident that I stand a chance of accomplishing my dreams and ambitions- this was certainly one of them. 

Alice Luker is definitely a photographer to look out for. Her career has already been a success, however I am sure there will be much more excitement and success to come! 

Thanks to Alice for her time and inspirational words.  





2 comments:

  1. Loving the 5th picture down! <3

    www.ditzydorey101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ditzydorey101 (hayley) hehe i love the first one great lighting! :)

      Delete